7 DIY Projects that add value to your home
Are you planning on selling your home during the Spring Market, and want to maximize your home’s value without breaking the bank? I’m going to share with you 7 projects you can do yourself for under $100. Most of them can be done in as little as a day.
Hello my name is Mary Tall and I’m a local Realtor who also loves a good DIY project. My husband and I have bought and sold 2 homes that we’ve remodeled mostly on our own, and you can too. Stay tuned to the end where I share my favorite project and probably the biggest value add
- Number 1- Add a fresh coat of paint. A fresh coat of paint can instantly brighten up a room making it look & feel like a brand new space. Choose a color from my list of top 3 colors to use when selling your home for a greater impact
- Number 2 Upgrade your lighting. Investing in quality light fixtures can make a huge difference in the look and feel of a room. You can find stylish and affordable options that will instantly add value to your home. A brighter room can have the effect of making a room feel larger than it is.
- Number 3 Update your hardware. Updating your cabinet door, and drawer hardware is an easy way to give your home a more modern look. It’s also a relatively inexpensive project that can be completed in just a few hours.
- Number 4- Install a new faucet. Installing a new faucet in your kitchen or bathroom can instantly add a stylish and upgraded look. You can find a variety of designs and finishes to choose from at your local hardware store or even online.
- Number 5 . Plant some fresh colorful plants or add some potted plants to your front yard or porch to liven up your curb appeal. This Welcomes potential home buyers the minute they pull up to view your home.
- Number 6 Add a new entry mat to your front door. This will give the buyers a fresh clean feeling as soon as they walk up to your home. Do this with number 5 and the home buyer is going to have all the fuzzy feels even before stepping foot in your home.
- Number 7 and my favorite: Add a backsplash to your kitchen. Okay yeah this one may sound a bit overwhelming for some. But hear me out. This project will give your kitchen an updated look and make it feel more like a high end kitchen to buyers the minute they walk in. My husband and I just did this to our kitchen. And let me tell you everyone who’s come into our home has commented on the backsplash. If using regular tile backsplash is not an option for you try a peel and stick option.
I hope you found this helpful. Whether you were looking to do a quick fix to add value or a take on one of the bigger projects. Either way I’d love to hear what you plan on doing to your home. Share below.
If you’re planning on selling your home here in San Diego County and want to speak with me about what you can / should do to add the most value to your home, send me a message or give me a call. I’d love to work with you. I can help you decide whether you have a budget of $100 to spend or enough for a full remodel.